As I was thinking today at work I was wondering about my goal and if I should share it. Just like running a marathon I thought about the people who helped me through it but more importantly sharing my success and my failure with them. It is with that in mind that I shall share with you my goal for Love . It is a simple goal and one that I think if I reach out and grow as I have been doing with all of you that I can attain my goal. Last year I made my meagerly small goal of selling 500 copies that is in a mixture of paperback and ebooks.
Now it was not all at once. Oh how I would have loved that but no. It was throughout the year and I was only able to do it because I ended up giving away almost 10,000 copies via the kindle free book promotional. This year I do plan on giving some free books but not through the kindle promotional. I will be making a certain number of free books as prizes if you are a lucky number in buying through Amazon. This is in all in trying to reach my goal of 1000 copies for this year.
- No I do not have a huge fan-base. Yes folks you are it. But if you help me and I help you I think we can grow. To that end I promise to be more out there, more talkative more, well what ever you need me to be.
- No I do not have the funds to pump into a huge marketing campaign. Having to support a family means that I can not dump a couple of thousand dollars into a marketing campaign. But what I can do is trade reviews, Proofread for reviews, And even do some cover work for reviews and promotional help.
- I do have drive. And if you have ever met me in person I will always keep my word. I was raised to keep my word, sometimes to the detriment of my person but I keep my word. Which is one of the reasons why I am very weary about giving it. Yet if you approach me and I promise to help you, I will.
Yes I could keep going but I think you get the point. So I ask, help me to grow my readership and I will help you to grow yours. Some ways you could help me out.
- Tell your friends about my blog. Comment on my blog. The nicest thing you can do is comment to let me know you were here.
- Reblog my posts. If you find a post interesting or if it is a chapter post. A reblog would be nice. I tend to reblog stuff that I find interesting but once in a while I reblog things that I feel you my followers will like. You never know, if you help two people make a connection the feeling that you helped people make a connection is sometimes enough.
- Favorite a post.
- Tweet a post.
- Review my book on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc.
So many things we can do for each other. I hope I can do for you as you do for me. And please enjoy my blog, my books, and my life as I share more of it with you.
By Jin Okubo
Other links to Love that you may like: